This is one of my favorite shirts to wear during the fall, winter, and spring months when not working. The Vertx Speed Concealed shirt is a blending of comfort and fluid access to your concealed firearm. For any of you that sweat even when the temperature drops the 37.5 technology evaporates moisture helping you sweat less and stay dry under pressure. The shirt is by far the best shirt on the market thanks to all the right features Vertx has incorporated into the shirt. First, the buttons look like real buttons but are actually snaps making identification of carrying a firearm a bit more difficult. The bottom of the shirt (Front placket and hem) of shirt features metal eyelets for insertion of reinforcement cord creating added rigidity and unobstructed access to weapons (cord not included). Additionally, the placket has a pocket with the ability to put weight for additional abilities to clear your firearm. I would make a point here, if you are going to put a weight in there, please be sure to sew it in order to prevent it from falling out in the event, you find yourself upside down.
(Shirt photos courtesy of Vertx)
The sides of the shirt include gussets for those that do a ton of pull-ups and have large “lats” that makes the shirt very comfortable for physical activities, or if you favor the isosceles shooting stance person. The shirt is made to fit as their chart states and provides great concealment if you are carrying appendix inside the waistband (AIWB) and an appendix carry knife like the Ka-Bar TDI or whatever your levels-of-force you might be needing. The sleeves feature the same front button looking snaps and can be rolled up with the integrated roll-tab for secured position and an expedition look. To continue to with the expedition features the shirt has a low-profile horizontal zip pocket on the right side to store your identification papers or a map. If you are looking for the best low-profile casual shirt that helps conceal and has tactical functions than this is the shirt you need. It comes in two colors Forrest and Bark; I have both and wear them every chance I get.
- 37.5™ Active Particle Technology works to keep the body at its ideal microclimate and conserve energy
- 56% Modal Rayon/44% 37.5™ Polyester fabric composition
- Vented back yoke with mesh lining for increased air circulation
- Banded collar construction for professional appearance
- Front placket and hem of shirt features metal eyelets for insertion of reinforcement cord creating added rigidity and unobstructed access to weapon
- Functional button and buttonhole at neck
- Breakaway snap faux bottoms down front of placket for quick access to firearm
- Weight pockets on bottom placket on each side (for quarters, washers, etc.)
- Low profile horizontal zip pocket on right chest
- Side gusset for increased mobility
- Roll tab on long sleeve to keep sleeves in secured position when rolled up
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.